contact top banner

Complaints Process

If you have a complaint, in the first instance please contact the legal advisor who is handling your matter so that we can try to ‘put things right’ straightaway or if you would prefer the legal adviser’s Manager, whose details can be found in the client care letter sent to you at the outset. Within seven days of us receiving your complaint we will send you a letter acknowledging receipt and, if needed, request further information about your complaint. Once our investigation is complete we will send you a detailed response within 28 days of receiving your original written complaint, or where we have asked you for further information within 14 days of our receiving that information from you. If we require more time to investigate the matter, we will let you know and confirm when we expect to provide the detailed response. If you are not satisfied with our detailed response we will refer the matter to another senior manager for further review. They will write to you within seven days of receiving your written request for a review confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and
  • No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
  • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.

Contact details


Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.


Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.